Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CAT Scan Day

I arrived at the hospital around 6:30 a.m.. They drew some blood and then off to the races, down the hall to another room. Nurses were the only one there this early in the morning but they did my paperwork and I took a seat.
It's kind of ironic what happened next.....I sat there about 15 minutes and in walks this pretty nurse carrying the normal two big glasses of some ugly stuff to drink, Barium. Just guessing that the pretty nurse is suppose to offset the terrible tasting Barium..ahha. It didn't.
After waiting for 1 hour they called me in and proceeded to do the CAT scans. Of course I had to have iodine shot into my system for contrast so they poked me again with the needle. But this young lady was excellent because I didn't feel a thing. You know I just noticed how many times I use the word 'Young'...ahaha I must be getting old ???
Anyway, after two and one half hours I left and came home. It's been a good day and not many side effects except the diarrhea from the Barium. I saw quite a few people worse off than myself...if that's possible.
I just wanted to keep you updated on my trials. The doctor should tell me some results next Wednesday when I go in for chemo. God bless

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think the IV is worse than whatever is going in and through the IV to you - hurts, bruises, but then, could be worse. That iodine through your body is quite an experience - they should always schedule those things in the dead of winter when it's freezing cold and you need the rush of heat through your body the iodine causes! ha ha Seriously, hoping, wishing and praying for a positive outcome, Ricky! You are in my thoughts and I just want to say what a joy it's been to discover your blog and your artwork and your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and your comments are joy to my spirit.

    ReplyDelete