Thursday, June 11, 2009

Visual Language ?

I hope all are well because after another night of glorious rain the air is clean this morning....birds are so loud ........and the grass so full of chlorphyll and water I think the green could almost rub off on me. Oh well that's not all bad. What I really want to do is take my shoes and socks off and walk out in the wet grass just to feel it like a kid again.......ok?
Let's talk Visual Language because medical field has found out that words are a secondary language for us.....you heard it correct.........a secondary language.
Our primary language is visual inner imagery. This is how we communicate inside of ourselves between body and mind.....WHOOF! That's a lot to take in until you meditate on it for a while and then it starts to make sense.
This is why doodling along with journaling gets the inner language into an expressive language (writing and art) that we can start to see what our Holistice self is saying on a daily basis. In other words we are starting to listen to our bodys in a way that can HEAL us!
That's all I'm going to say today because this is very important info to digest and it will take some time.
Praying for each of you and I'm off to journal some and doodle.....are YOU?
Happy trails until we meet again........God bless.

2 comments:

  1. So when we have a real need to draw, paint, doodle, we really are trying to communicate more than we can say. That makes perfect sense to me. Loved your latest sketch - now that was a face filled with joy! And love the way you began this post - we had buckets of rain last night and I know the grass is soaked and we have fog today (love fog). My shoes are off...maybe time to go walk in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it may be time to kick off the shoes and go walk thru the grass....
    Lots to ponder in this post. God bless you and have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete